Australian GP qualifying postponed until Sunday
Melbourne: The final two stages of qualifying for the opening Formula One Grand Prix in Australia have been postponed until Sunday as rains and strong wind lashed the Albert Park Circuit on Friday.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg set the fastest time in the first part of qualifying, Q1, before heavy rain and fading daylight forced the stewards into postponing Q2 and Q3 till Sunday morning.
Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Sauber`s Esteban Gutierrez were among the six drivers eliminated along with Marussia`s Max Chilton and Jules Bianchi and Caterham`s Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief