Australian GP qualifying postponed until Sunday
Melbourne: The final two stages of qualifying for the opening Formula One Grand Prix in Australia have been postponed until Sunday as rains and strong wind lashed the Albert Park Circuit on Friday.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg set the fastest time in the first part of qualifying, Q1, before heavy rain and fading daylight forced the stewards into postponing Q2 and Q3 till Sunday morning.
Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Sauber`s Esteban Gutierrez were among the six drivers eliminated along with Marussia`s Max Chilton and Jules Bianchi and Caterham`s Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police