Australian GP qualifying postponed until Sunday
Melbourne: The final two stages of qualifying for the opening Formula One Grand Prix in Australia have been postponed until Sunday as rains and strong wind lashed the Albert Park Circuit on Friday.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg set the fastest time in the first part of qualifying, Q1, before heavy rain and fading daylight forced the stewards into postponing Q2 and Q3 till Sunday morning.
Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Sauber`s Esteban Gutierrez were among the six drivers eliminated along with Marussia`s Max Chilton and Jules Bianchi and Caterham`s Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers