Australian GP qualifying postponed until Sunday
Melbourne: The final two stages of qualifying for the opening Formula One Grand Prix in Australia have been postponed until Sunday as rains and strong wind lashed the Albert Park Circuit on Friday.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg set the fastest time in the first part of qualifying, Q1, before heavy rain and fading daylight forced the stewards into postponing Q2 and Q3 till Sunday morning.
Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Sauber`s Esteban Gutierrez were among the six drivers eliminated along with Marussia`s Max Chilton and Jules Bianchi and Caterham`s Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport