Australian GP qualifying postponed until Sunday
Melbourne: The final two stages of qualifying for the opening Formula One Grand Prix in Australia have been postponed until Sunday as rains and strong wind lashed the Albert Park Circuit on Friday.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg set the fastest time in the first part of qualifying, Q1, before heavy rain and fading daylight forced the stewards into postponing Q2 and Q3 till Sunday morning.
Williams` Pastor Maldonado and Sauber`s Esteban Gutierrez were among the six drivers eliminated along with Marussia`s Max Chilton and Jules Bianchi and Caterham`s Giedo van der Garde and Charles Pic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family