Bahrain Grand Prix to go ahead as planned

Last Updated: Monday, April 8, 2013 - 13:32

London: Organisers of the Bahrain Grand Prix have said that they expect this year`s race to go ahead as per the schedule, despite calls for the race to be scrapped.

The 2011 race was disrupted amid violent clashes between police and anti-government protestors.

Last year members of the Force India and Sauber teams were caught up in the crossfire while traveling from the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC).

However, track bosses say strict security measures will be in place.

Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa, Chief Executive of the BIC, said that they are delighted with how the preparations are going.

Ticket sales to date have been extremely encouraging and are well ahead of last year and in line with 2010, he added.

Al Khalifa said that organizers believe that the race this year will attract more support than ever and are certainly confident in delivering a world class race weekend for F1 fans.

ANI



First Published: Monday, April 8, 2013 - 13:32

comments powered by Disqus