Barrichello replaces Heidfeld as GPDA director
Spa-Francorchamps: Brazilian Rubens Barrichello has replaced Nick Heidfeld as one of three directors of the Grand Prix Drivers’ Association.
The Williams driver told Reuters before qualifying for Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix that he had been voted in by other drivers to join compatriot Felipe Massa and Germany’s Sebastian Vettel.
Heidfeld, who was the Mercedes GP team’s reserve driver until vacating that position to take up a new role as tyre tester for future supplier Pirelli, had also been chairman of the GPDA.
Barrichello, Formula One’s most experienced driver, is celebrating a record 300th grand prix in Belgium this weekend.
The GPDA acts as the drivers’ body in talks with the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) and F1’s commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!