Barrichello replaces Heidfeld as GPDA director
Spa-Francorchamps: Brazilian Rubens Barrichello has replaced Nick Heidfeld as one of three directors of the Grand Prix Drivers’ Association.
The Williams driver told Reuters before qualifying for Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix that he had been voted in by other drivers to join compatriot Felipe Massa and Germany’s Sebastian Vettel.
Heidfeld, who was the Mercedes GP team’s reserve driver until vacating that position to take up a new role as tyre tester for future supplier Pirelli, had also been chairman of the GPDA.
Barrichello, Formula One’s most experienced driver, is celebrating a record 300th grand prix in Belgium this weekend.
The GPDA acts as the drivers’ body in talks with the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) and F1’s commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court