Barrichello replaces Heidfeld as GPDA director
Spa-Francorchamps: Brazilian Rubens Barrichello has replaced Nick Heidfeld as one of three directors of the Grand Prix Drivers’ Association.
The Williams driver told Reuters before qualifying for Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix that he had been voted in by other drivers to join compatriot Felipe Massa and Germany’s Sebastian Vettel.
Heidfeld, who was the Mercedes GP team’s reserve driver until vacating that position to take up a new role as tyre tester for future supplier Pirelli, had also been chairman of the GPDA.
Barrichello, Formula One’s most experienced driver, is celebrating a record 300th grand prix in Belgium this weekend.
The GPDA acts as the drivers’ body in talks with the governing International Automobile Federation (FIA) and F1’s commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal