Bianchi kick starts Force India`s Mugello testing
Mugello (Italy): Jules Bianchi got behind the wheels of VJM05 to kick start Sahara Force India`s three-day testing, which ended in a limited running for the team in wet conditions here.
After an agonising wait in the morning, the Frenchman, who last drove the car during Friday practice at the Chinese Grand Prix, finally got his chance and recorded a fastest lap of 1:25.475s during his 19 laps at the first day of testing yesterday.
After Bianchi, Paul di Resta will take up the testing responsibility on the second day followed by Nico Hulkenberg on the final day as Force India decided to split testing duties between its three drivers.
"In the morning we had to wait a long time for the track to dry. We did some runs on the intermediates just to check the car`s systems and when the conditions improved I went back out on the dry tyres (medium) to get confident with the car and to feel the track conditions," Bianchi said.
"There was a chance to do some aero checks and we got some good aero data, but it was difficult to test all the developments so that will need to be done later this week."
Force India`s chief engineer, Jakob Andreasen said: "We expected the wet weather conditions so we tried our best to work around them and made sure Jules was out on track when the track was at its driest.”
"After some installation laps on the intermediates, he switched to the medium compound just before lunch and did a couple of runs to get a dry baseline and measured some of the aerodynamic pressures on the car."
"With the rain intensifying in the afternoon we opted to run a very limited programme. Jules got out towards the end of the session to do a final systems check," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!