Bianchi kick starts Force India`s Mugello testing
Mugello (Italy): Jules Bianchi got behind the wheels of VJM05 to kick start Sahara Force India`s three-day testing, which ended in a limited running for the team in wet conditions here.
After an agonising wait in the morning, the Frenchman, who last drove the car during Friday practice at the Chinese Grand Prix, finally got his chance and recorded a fastest lap of 1:25.475s during his 19 laps at the first day of testing yesterday.
After Bianchi, Paul di Resta will take up the testing responsibility on the second day followed by Nico Hulkenberg on the final day as Force India decided to split testing duties between its three drivers.
"In the morning we had to wait a long time for the track to dry. We did some runs on the intermediates just to check the car`s systems and when the conditions improved I went back out on the dry tyres (medium) to get confident with the car and to feel the track conditions," Bianchi said.
"There was a chance to do some aero checks and we got some good aero data, but it was difficult to test all the developments so that will need to be done later this week."
Force India`s chief engineer, Jakob Andreasen said: "We expected the wet weather conditions so we tried our best to work around them and made sure Jules was out on track when the track was at its driest.”
"After some installation laps on the intermediates, he switched to the medium compound just before lunch and did a couple of runs to get a dry baseline and measured some of the aerodynamic pressures on the car."
"With the rain intensifying in the afternoon we opted to run a very limited programme. Jules got out towards the end of the session to do a final systems check," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi