BIC one of my favourites: Maldonado
New Delhi: Williams` Formula 1 driver Pastor Maldonado said the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) is one of his favourites in the calendar.
"India is enjoyable because it`s so different and the track is one of my favourites. It`s still a new track but it has a good combination of medium and high-speed corners, chicanes and good changes in direction," said Maldonado of Venezuela was quoted as saying on the Formula 1 web site.
"Coming to the final few races, making the most of our cars potential is going to be important. So hopefully, we can score points here and put ourselves in a strong position for the final three races."
Maldonado`s team mate Bruno Senna also likes the circuit in Greater Noida, which he feels is very smooth and fast.
"I`m looking forward to this weekend because India has a different atmosphere to many other Grand Prix and it`s always a unique place to visit.
"As a new track the surface is very smooth and the layout is fast and flows well with some high speed corners which will suit our car. We should therefore be looking to improve on our performance in Korea," said Senna, who finished 12th in the Indian Grand Prix last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves