BIC one of my favourites: Maldonado
New Delhi: Williams` Formula 1 driver Pastor Maldonado said the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) is one of his favourites in the calendar.
"India is enjoyable because it`s so different and the track is one of my favourites. It`s still a new track but it has a good combination of medium and high-speed corners, chicanes and good changes in direction," said Maldonado of Venezuela was quoted as saying on the Formula 1 web site.
"Coming to the final few races, making the most of our cars potential is going to be important. So hopefully, we can score points here and put ourselves in a strong position for the final three races."
Maldonado`s team mate Bruno Senna also likes the circuit in Greater Noida, which he feels is very smooth and fast.
"I`m looking forward to this weekend because India has a different atmosphere to many other Grand Prix and it`s always a unique place to visit.
"As a new track the surface is very smooth and the layout is fast and flows well with some high speed corners which will suit our car. We should therefore be looking to improve on our performance in Korea," said Senna, who finished 12th in the Indian Grand Prix last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users