Bolisetti finishes 12th and 16th at NASCAR Euro Series
Tours (France): India’s Sailesh Bolisetti rounded off his debut oval racing weekend at the Tours Speedway here Sunday for round four of the 2013 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series by finishing 12th in the first race and 16th in the next after qualifying 22nd.
The series, formerly known as Euro Racecar Series was rechristened earlier this week, further enforcing its association with its governing body - the National Association of Stock Car Racing (NASCAR).
Having fought his way up to 12th in race one, expectations were high going into the second 100-lap race around the 600 metre oval, but after gaining places at the start, Bolisetti was pushed into the wall at turn one which caused extensive damage to the car and forced him to pit, putting paid to his early efforts.
Bolisetti managed to limp back into the pits and the team was able to send him back out after pulling the hanging pieces of bodywork off the car, and he had to start all over again. Eventually, from the back of the field, Bolisetti was able to get half way back up the grid to finish 16th.
“On paper I finished lower than I did in my first race, but I know that I had far better pace in race two which helped me come back through the pack. I was also more confident racing bumper to bumper and rubbing doors with other cars, as it seemed to be the norm otherwise you just lose out if try to be the only gentleman on the grid,” said Bolisetti.
The NASCAR Whelen Euro Series will go back to a traditional circuit racing venue for the next round, scheduled at the Motorland Aragon circuit in Spain on Sep 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark