Bolisetti finishes 12th and 16th at NASCAR Euro Series
Tours (France): India’s Sailesh Bolisetti rounded off his debut oval racing weekend at the Tours Speedway here Sunday for round four of the 2013 NASCAR Whelen Euro Series by finishing 12th in the first race and 16th in the next after qualifying 22nd.
The series, formerly known as Euro Racecar Series was rechristened earlier this week, further enforcing its association with its governing body - the National Association of Stock Car Racing (NASCAR).
Having fought his way up to 12th in race one, expectations were high going into the second 100-lap race around the 600 metre oval, but after gaining places at the start, Bolisetti was pushed into the wall at turn one which caused extensive damage to the car and forced him to pit, putting paid to his early efforts.
Bolisetti managed to limp back into the pits and the team was able to send him back out after pulling the hanging pieces of bodywork off the car, and he had to start all over again. Eventually, from the back of the field, Bolisetti was able to get half way back up the grid to finish 16th.
“On paper I finished lower than I did in my first race, but I know that I had far better pace in race two which helped me come back through the pack. I was also more confident racing bumper to bumper and rubbing doors with other cars, as it seemed to be the norm otherwise you just lose out if try to be the only gentleman on the grid,” said Bolisetti.
The NASCAR Whelen Euro Series will go back to a traditional circuit racing venue for the next round, scheduled at the Motorland Aragon circuit in Spain on Sep 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter