Bolisetti finishes ninth at Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch (UK): Indian driver Sailesh Bolisetti recorded his first top-10 finish of the Euro Racecar Championship season as he ended the first race of the weekend in ninth position after starting 13th here.
Being familiar with the 1.9-km layout from his British GT outing last year, the 24-year-old Bolisetti was able to get up to pace straightaway as he passed two cars on the opening lap and after a brief Safety Car period, the Indian managed to make his way past another couple of cars to finish ninth Saturday.
“This is the first time this season that we were on a track that I had driven on before, and it made a huge difference to the weekend as we were able to jump in and work on the setup to improve the car which is important.
“It was a tough race. Again, we had issues we could have avoided, but I’m quite used to it now. So far, this has been the strongest weekend of the season and knowing the track definitely helped.
“So I’m hoping to maximise the opportunity and hopefully post another strong result for race two to round off the weekend,” said Bolisetti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you