Bolisetti finishes ninth at Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch (UK): Indian driver Sailesh Bolisetti recorded his first top-10 finish of the Euro Racecar Championship season as he ended the first race of the weekend in ninth position after starting 13th here.
Being familiar with the 1.9-km layout from his British GT outing last year, the 24-year-old Bolisetti was able to get up to pace straightaway as he passed two cars on the opening lap and after a brief Safety Car period, the Indian managed to make his way past another couple of cars to finish ninth Saturday.
“This is the first time this season that we were on a track that I had driven on before, and it made a huge difference to the weekend as we were able to jump in and work on the setup to improve the car which is important.
“It was a tough race. Again, we had issues we could have avoided, but I’m quite used to it now. So far, this has been the strongest weekend of the season and knowing the track definitely helped.
“So I’m hoping to maximise the opportunity and hopefully post another strong result for race two to round off the weekend,” said Bolisetti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Zardari urges US to support sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan
- Gulbarga ragging case: 3 arrested, 2 sent to 14-day judicial custody
- After Sachin Tendulkar, now 'Bharat Ratna' demand for Virat Kohli
- So sweet! Genelia Deshmukh gushes over hubby Riteish Deshmukh's handsome get-up – View pic