Bolisetti finishes ninth at Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch (UK): Indian driver Sailesh Bolisetti recorded his first top-10 finish of the Euro Racecar Championship season as he ended the first race of the weekend in ninth position after starting 13th here.
Being familiar with the 1.9-km layout from his British GT outing last year, the 24-year-old Bolisetti was able to get up to pace straightaway as he passed two cars on the opening lap and after a brief Safety Car period, the Indian managed to make his way past another couple of cars to finish ninth Saturday.
“This is the first time this season that we were on a track that I had driven on before, and it made a huge difference to the weekend as we were able to jump in and work on the setup to improve the car which is important.
“It was a tough race. Again, we had issues we could have avoided, but I’m quite used to it now. So far, this has been the strongest weekend of the season and knowing the track definitely helped.
“So I’m hoping to maximise the opportunity and hopefully post another strong result for race two to round off the weekend,” said Bolisetti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened