Bolivia to officially launch 2014 Dakar Rally in April
La Paz: Bolivian President Evo Morales and Amaury Sport Organization (ASO) will officially launch the 2014 Dakar Rally on April 16 to highlight the tourist potential the South American country offers, Bolivia`s presidency minister Juan Ramon Quintana said.
Quintana, together with Tourism Minister Pablo Groux, asked the local authorities, businessmen and social organisations to unite and offer the visitors the best hospitality, safety and the best of Bolivia.
This call was made for "the world to know that Bolivia is extraordinary and concentrates the attention of the international community and the tourists in a global scale", Quintana said at a press conference on Wednesday.
Quintana said that for the Dakar Rally organisation, President Morales ordered the formation of an inter-institutional committee with ministers, the authorities of Potosi department (state) and businessmen.
The Dakar Rally organisers expect to "break the 2013 profit record", considering the incorporation of Bolivia, which caused "an extraordinary expectation" in the world, Quintana said.
He said Bolivia will pay $2 million for the Dakar Rally franchise, from which a first payment of $1 million will be done in May and the second in September.
Dakar Rally in Bolivia will only be included in the motorcycle and quad race in a two-day competition, while the cars and trucks will have a different route.
The race will enter through southern Bolivia one day after the rest day (Jan 11) in Salta, Argentina. This will be the competition`s seventh day which will probably end in Uyuni. The eighth day will also travel through Bolivian territory to continue later in Chile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth