Bottas and Maldonado to drive for Williams in 2013
Grove (England): The Williams Formula One team Wednesday announced that Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas will be its drivers for the 2013 season.
The next season will be Maldonado`s third season with the team and comes on the back of a successful 2012 that saw him win the Spanish Grand Prix.
Bottas was elevated from the test driver`s role since 2010, replacing Bruno Senna in the line-up.
In his role as reserve, Bottas took part in a number of this season`s Friday practice sessions, impressing with his pace and maturity from the outset. The GP3 champion in 2011, next year will see Bottas compete in the F1 for the first time.
Commenting on his contract renewal, Maldonado said: "I`m really enjoying my time with Williams and I was obviously very happy when I was told that I would be continuing with the team in 2013. 2012 was a memorable year for me with the win in Barcelona and we made a big step forward in terms of performance.
"I have a lot of confidence in the team and hopefully next year will see us move even further up the grid and taste more success."
Speaking about his new role, Bottas commented: "It has always been my life-long dream to compete in the F1. To do so with one of the most legendary teams in the sport is incredibly special. I`ve really enjoyed my three years with Williams so far and feel very at home here so my goal was always to stay for 2013 and progress to a race seat."
Sir Frank Williams, founder and team principal, said: "In Pastor and Valtteri we have two of the most exciting talents in motor racing and I am especially excited about what 2013 can bring for Williams."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation