Bottas and Maldonado to drive for Williams in 2013
Grove (England): The Williams Formula One team Wednesday announced that Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas will be its drivers for the 2013 season.
The next season will be Maldonado`s third season with the team and comes on the back of a successful 2012 that saw him win the Spanish Grand Prix.
Bottas was elevated from the test driver`s role since 2010, replacing Bruno Senna in the line-up.
In his role as reserve, Bottas took part in a number of this season`s Friday practice sessions, impressing with his pace and maturity from the outset. The GP3 champion in 2011, next year will see Bottas compete in the F1 for the first time.
Commenting on his contract renewal, Maldonado said: "I`m really enjoying my time with Williams and I was obviously very happy when I was told that I would be continuing with the team in 2013. 2012 was a memorable year for me with the win in Barcelona and we made a big step forward in terms of performance.
"I have a lot of confidence in the team and hopefully next year will see us move even further up the grid and taste more success."
Speaking about his new role, Bottas commented: "It has always been my life-long dream to compete in the F1. To do so with one of the most legendary teams in the sport is incredibly special. I`ve really enjoyed my three years with Williams so far and feel very at home here so my goal was always to stay for 2013 and progress to a race seat."
Sir Frank Williams, founder and team principal, said: "In Pastor and Valtteri we have two of the most exciting talents in motor racing and I am especially excited about what 2013 can bring for Williams."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts