Bottas and Maldonado to drive for Williams in 2013
Grove (England): The Williams Formula One team Wednesday announced that Pastor Maldonado and Valtteri Bottas will be its drivers for the 2013 season.
The next season will be Maldonado`s third season with the team and comes on the back of a successful 2012 that saw him win the Spanish Grand Prix.
Bottas was elevated from the test driver`s role since 2010, replacing Bruno Senna in the line-up.
In his role as reserve, Bottas took part in a number of this season`s Friday practice sessions, impressing with his pace and maturity from the outset. The GP3 champion in 2011, next year will see Bottas compete in the F1 for the first time.
Commenting on his contract renewal, Maldonado said: "I`m really enjoying my time with Williams and I was obviously very happy when I was told that I would be continuing with the team in 2013. 2012 was a memorable year for me with the win in Barcelona and we made a big step forward in terms of performance.
"I have a lot of confidence in the team and hopefully next year will see us move even further up the grid and taste more success."
Speaking about his new role, Bottas commented: "It has always been my life-long dream to compete in the F1. To do so with one of the most legendary teams in the sport is incredibly special. I`ve really enjoyed my three years with Williams so far and feel very at home here so my goal was always to stay for 2013 and progress to a race seat."
Sir Frank Williams, founder and team principal, said: "In Pastor and Valtteri we have two of the most exciting talents in motor racing and I am especially excited about what 2013 can bring for Williams."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!