Branson to shave his legs?
Kuala Lumpur: When budget airline owner Sir Richard Branson lost a bet to fellow airline owner Tony Fernandes of AirAsia, he did not know that he would have to shave his legs.
The Virgin Atlantic boss had to wear the flight attendant uniform of the rival for the Kuala Lumpur-London charity flight on AirAsia.
“We want him to shave his legs. We are going to try and get him to shave his legs and wear some make-up. But we will leave his moustache alone as it is his trademark,” AirAsia boss Fernandes has said.
Branson’s Formula One Virgin Racing team ended behind Fernandes’s Lotus Racing team.
Branson, who has already received his AirAsia badge and uniform for the charity flight on AirAsia, has been a good sport about the whole deal, Fernandes said.
The budget airlines owners had wagered the friendly bet at the start of the Formula One (F1) season in March.
Lotus Racing finished 10th while Virgin Racing came in last (12).
Fernandes also said that Branson would be expected to wear high heels during the flight and perform tasks like any other crew member, including cleaning the toilets.
The money raised on the flight would go to the Virgin Group boss’ charity of choice, Star online said on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre