Brazilian GP: Hamilton claims pole, Vettel to start fourth
Sao Paulo: McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton won the pole position for the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday after clocking a time of 1 minute, 12.458 seconds.
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel will start fourth and title challenger Fernando Alonso eighth.
Vettel`s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber will start third after a lap of 1:12.581, and Ferrari`s Felipe Massa fifth after clocking 1:12.987.
Alonso only managed a lap of 1:13.253, hurting his chances of overtaking Vettel for the championship.
Red Bull’s Vettel needs to finish fourth or better on Sunday to become F1`s youngest three-time champion at age 25.
Meanhwile Alonso who is also seeking his third title, will need at least a podium finish to have any chance of overcoming the 13-point deficit in the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report