Brazilian GP: Hamilton claims pole, Vettel to start fourth
Sao Paulo: McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton won the pole position for the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday after clocking a time of 1 minute, 12.458 seconds.
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel will start fourth and title challenger Fernando Alonso eighth.
Vettel`s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber will start third after a lap of 1:12.581, and Ferrari`s Felipe Massa fifth after clocking 1:12.987.
Alonso only managed a lap of 1:13.253, hurting his chances of overtaking Vettel for the championship.
Red Bull’s Vettel needs to finish fourth or better on Sunday to become F1`s youngest three-time champion at age 25.
Meanhwile Alonso who is also seeking his third title, will need at least a podium finish to have any chance of overcoming the 13-point deficit in the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman