Brazilian GP: Hamilton claims pole, Vettel to start fourth
Sao Paulo: McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton won the pole position for the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday after clocking a time of 1 minute, 12.458 seconds.
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel will start fourth and title challenger Fernando Alonso eighth.
Vettel`s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber will start third after a lap of 1:12.581, and Ferrari`s Felipe Massa fifth after clocking 1:12.987.
Alonso only managed a lap of 1:13.253, hurting his chances of overtaking Vettel for the championship.
Red Bull’s Vettel needs to finish fourth or better on Sunday to become F1`s youngest three-time champion at age 25.
Meanhwile Alonso who is also seeking his third title, will need at least a podium finish to have any chance of overcoming the 13-point deficit in the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi