Brazilian GP: Hamilton claims pole, Vettel to start fourth
Sao Paulo: McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton won the pole position for the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday after clocking a time of 1 minute, 12.458 seconds.
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel will start fourth and title challenger Fernando Alonso eighth.
Vettel`s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber will start third after a lap of 1:12.581, and Ferrari`s Felipe Massa fifth after clocking 1:12.987.
Alonso only managed a lap of 1:13.253, hurting his chances of overtaking Vettel for the championship.
Red Bull’s Vettel needs to finish fourth or better on Sunday to become F1`s youngest three-time champion at age 25.
Meanhwile Alonso who is also seeking his third title, will need at least a podium finish to have any chance of overcoming the 13-point deficit in the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’