Brazilian GP: Hamilton claims pole, Vettel to start fourth
Sao Paulo: McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton won the pole position for the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday after clocking a time of 1 minute, 12.458 seconds.
Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel will start fourth and title challenger Fernando Alonso eighth.
Vettel`s Red Bull teammate Mark Webber will start third after a lap of 1:12.581, and Ferrari`s Felipe Massa fifth after clocking 1:12.987.
Alonso only managed a lap of 1:13.253, hurting his chances of overtaking Vettel for the championship.
Red Bull’s Vettel needs to finish fourth or better on Sunday to become F1`s youngest three-time champion at age 25.
Meanhwile Alonso who is also seeking his third title, will need at least a podium finish to have any chance of overcoming the 13-point deficit in the standings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India