Brazilian GP: Webber quickest in his final F1 practice
Sao Paulo: Mark Webber was fastest in the final practice session of his Formula One career at a rainswept Brazilian Grand Prix on Saturday.
The 37-year-old Australian made the most of a brief lull in the rain towards the end of the session to lap the shining, anti-clockwise Interlagos circuit with a best time of one minute 27.891 seconds in his Red Bull.
Team mate and quadruple champion Sebastian Vettel, who is aiming for a record-equalling ninth win in a row and 13th of the season in Sunday`s season-ender, was 17th on a morning when times were meaningless.
Most drivers opted to save tyres for later qualifying, with the rain threatening to last well into the afternoon.
"Everybody`s sitting in the garage trying to save their extreme tyres because we haven`t got that many of them," Red Bull principal Christian Horner told BBC television during the session.
Frenchman Romain Grosjean was second quickest with Lotus team mate Heikki Kovalainen, standing in for the absent Kimi Raikkonen, third and fellow Finn Valtteri Bottas fourth for Williams.
Germany`s Nico Rosberg, who was fastest in both Friday practice sessions, did not set a timed lap for Mercedes while British team mate Lewis Hamilton was 11th on team principal Ross Brawn`s 59th birthday.
Webber, twice a winner in Brazil, is leaving Formula One after Sunday`s race to start a new life with Porsche in endurance racing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31