Button backs ‘quick learner’ Perez to replace Hamilton if he leaves McLaren
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has backed Sauber’s Sergio Perez to successfully replace contract rebel Lewis Hamilton in the team if the Brit chooses to join Mercedes at the end of this season.
Button refuted suggestions by Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo that the young Mexican, who has been on the podium three times with Sauber in his second season, is not ready for a top drive.
“He’s a quick learner. A guy who can look after his tyres as well as he does is not stupid,” the Daily Mirror quoted Button, as saying.
“I don’t know what he is like at setting up a car but he can’t be bad if he is doing as well as he is,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India