Button backs ‘quick learner’ Perez to replace Hamilton if he leaves McLaren
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has backed Sauber’s Sergio Perez to successfully replace contract rebel Lewis Hamilton in the team if the Brit chooses to join Mercedes at the end of this season.
Button refuted suggestions by Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo that the young Mexican, who has been on the podium three times with Sauber in his second season, is not ready for a top drive.
“He’s a quick learner. A guy who can look after his tyres as well as he does is not stupid,” the Daily Mirror quoted Button, as saying.
“I don’t know what he is like at setting up a car but he can’t be bad if he is doing as well as he is,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read