Button backs ‘quick learner’ Perez to replace Hamilton if he leaves McLaren
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has backed Sauber’s Sergio Perez to successfully replace contract rebel Lewis Hamilton in the team if the Brit chooses to join Mercedes at the end of this season.
Button refuted suggestions by Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo that the young Mexican, who has been on the podium three times with Sauber in his second season, is not ready for a top drive.
“He’s a quick learner. A guy who can look after his tyres as well as he does is not stupid,” the Daily Mirror quoted Button, as saying.
“I don’t know what he is like at setting up a car but he can’t be bad if he is doing as well as he is,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre