Button disappointed, not angry with Hamilton for tweeting qualifying secrets
London: McLaren driver Jensen Button has said he is disappointed to see team-mate Lewis Hamilton posting clandestine data on Twitter prior to Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix, but isn’t angry, since it is not something personal.
Hamilton tweeted a photo of the team’s qualifying telemetry, including their relative lap times, in an attempt to illustrate to his followers where he had lost out in electing to run with an older rear wing at Spa.
The 27-year-old was quickly ordered by McLaren to remove the offending tweet, but not before a good percentage of his one million-odd followers had copied and circulated the picture.
“I’ll say disappointed,” The Telegraph quoted Button, as replying when asked what he felt about the incident.
“We work so hard to improve the car and to keep things like that private,” he added.
Button said he would not be taking the matter any further, although he questioned how much time Hamilton actually lost to him as a result of using the older rear wing since the 27 year-old’s higher downforce package also meant that gained time in Spa’s middle sector.
“I think it’s done now. I don’t think it’s for me to be angry with Lewis because it’s not a personal thing,” Button said.
“The bit about him losing six tenths on the straights isn’t the bit that’s important to me because he should be gaining it back in the corners he’s got more down force on. And I was eight tenths quicker in qualifying anyway,” he added.
“It’s more the information that we work so hard to keep secret and private, that was the thing I didn’t want to see on Twitter,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today