Button, Hamilton slam McLaren for providing slow-moving cars after British GP debacle
London: Ace drivers Jensen Button and Lewis Hamilton have slammed McLaren for providing slow cars to them, and have asked for a car redesign following their poor performances in Sunday’s British Grand Prix.
Hamilton and Button finished eighth and 10th respectively at Silverstone, while Red Bull driver Mark Webber won the race.
The British GP was under threat of being called off due to heavy downpour, and during his press briefing Button sarcastically thanked rains.
“It``s a good job in a way that it didn’t rain during the race because it proves we haven’t got the pace,” The Daily Mail quoted Button, as saying.
“When you see another car go past it’s as if you’re standing still. They must be on rails. I don’t know how. Personally, I felt as if I got everything I could out of the car. The strategy and stops worked but we’re just not good enough at the moment,” he added.
Button now stands 79 points off Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso in the championship summit, in eighth place, and Hamilton is 37 points adrift, in fourth.
Hamilton thanked the fans for their overwhelming support during the race, but also called for a rethink on their car’s design.
“The only positive that I’d take from today is the support from the fan,” Hamilton said.
Asked if the car was fundamentally flawed, Hamilton said: “I’m not using those words; I’ll let you use those words. You’ve got to look at the cars in detail - just look at them and ours look different from the others.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks