Button relieved Japanese girlfriend unhurt
Barcelona: Jenson Button, the 2009 Formula One world champion, says he is relieved to have made contact with his girlfriend who was unhurt in the earthquake which struck Japan.
The racing driver said Japanese model Jessica Michibata his girlfriend of two years had been in an underground photo shoot in Tokyo when tremors began to rock the building yesterday. He said the only way of getting in touch had been through Twitter.
“She’s fine, very shaken,” said Button, who became a big star in Japan after beginning a relationship with the 26-year-old model from Fukui Prefecture in the north, close to quake’s epicenter.
“Right now, my thoughts go out to everybody in Japan, particularly in the worst-affected area of Sendai. My heart is with them,” Button said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog