Button relieved Japanese girlfriend unhurt
Barcelona: Jenson Button, the 2009 Formula One world champion, says he is relieved to have made contact with his girlfriend who was unhurt in the earthquake which struck Japan.
The racing driver said Japanese model Jessica Michibata his girlfriend of two years had been in an underground photo shoot in Tokyo when tremors began to rock the building yesterday. He said the only way of getting in touch had been through Twitter.
“She’s fine, very shaken,” said Button, who became a big star in Japan after beginning a relationship with the 26-year-old model from Fukui Prefecture in the north, close to quake’s epicenter.
“Right now, my thoughts go out to everybody in Japan, particularly in the worst-affected area of Sendai. My heart is with them,” Button said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees