Button sorry for Malaysian GP nightmare
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sepang (Malaysia): McLaren’s Jenson Button has apologized to his team after a forgetful Malaysian Grand Prix that saw the Briton finishing 14th after starting from the front row on Sunday.
“I can only say sorry to the team. This is an awful day for me. It couldn’t have been any worse. It made me laugh it was so bad. Sometimes it doesn’t fall into place. Canada for my win did but here everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong,” he was quoted as saying in the media.
Admitting his fault for the contact with HRT’s Narain Karthikeyan, he hoped for things to become ‘normal’ in the next race.
"It was totally my fault, I hit the brakes and locked the rears, but I couldn`t do anything but hit him really. It broke my front wing and I had to do an extra pit stop which took quite a while.”
“It was one of those days and I`m hopeful things will be back to normal in China," he was quoted as saying.
Despite returning pointless from Malaysia, Button is still lying third in the Drivers` Championship with 25 points that is now being led by Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House