Button thanks British fans for support ahead of `jinxed` Grand Prix
London: Formula one star Jenson Button has praised British fans as the best in the world for their continued support through the years, even as he tries to end his 13-year jinx at the British Grand Prix.
Almost 80,000 fans braved adverse conditions to watch the reduced practice session on Friday, even as the heroes could manage only a handful of laps in the morning rain, the Mirror reports.
The only silverware that is currently eluding the Englishman is his home grand prix.
The McLaren ace also revealed that the passionate backing of supporters had moved him close to tears even though he admitted that it would be nothing short of `a miracle` if he finished on the podium in the race.
An emotional Button said that it was tough that he was not doing well despite the support from the fans, adding that they deserve a result and his team was going to give it everything.
However, the British racer was optimistic about his love of the circuit and said that if he did well at the race, it would be pretty amazing and hoped that one day he would finish well.
The report added that Button has finished fourth and fifth twice in this race but has never reached the podium, with an opportunity to finish as the runners-up gone down two years ago because of a pit-stop mistake just few laps before the finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!