Button thanks British fans for support ahead of `jinxed` Grand Prix
London: Formula one star Jenson Button has praised British fans as the best in the world for their continued support through the years, even as he tries to end his 13-year jinx at the British Grand Prix.
Almost 80,000 fans braved adverse conditions to watch the reduced practice session on Friday, even as the heroes could manage only a handful of laps in the morning rain, the Mirror reports.
The only silverware that is currently eluding the Englishman is his home grand prix.
The McLaren ace also revealed that the passionate backing of supporters had moved him close to tears even though he admitted that it would be nothing short of `a miracle` if he finished on the podium in the race.
An emotional Button said that it was tough that he was not doing well despite the support from the fans, adding that they deserve a result and his team was going to give it everything.
However, the British racer was optimistic about his love of the circuit and said that if he did well at the race, it would be pretty amazing and hoped that one day he would finish well.
The report added that Button has finished fourth and fifth twice in this race but has never reached the podium, with an opportunity to finish as the runners-up gone down two years ago because of a pit-stop mistake just few laps before the finish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH