Button to run 6 laps of Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina F1 track in bid to train for December marathon
London: Formula One ace Jenson Button will reportedly run six times around the F1 track in Abu Dhabi this week to prepare for his first crack at a marathon.
Trainer Mikey Collier will join Button in running six laps around 20 miles of the 3.5-mile Yas Marina course.
Button, 32, is apparently training for a race in Hawaii in December.
“It’s good to do training in hot conditions – perfect for this weekend’s race in Abu Dhabi. If I run, I lose weight, which I need to as you’re limited on weight when you are a tall driver,” The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
“The quick guys, the Africans, will run in Hawaii and be 10 minutes off the world record, so that tells you it is not a quick circuit,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie