Button to run 6 laps of Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina F1 track in bid to train for December marathon
London: Formula One ace Jenson Button will reportedly run six times around the F1 track in Abu Dhabi this week to prepare for his first crack at a marathon.
Trainer Mikey Collier will join Button in running six laps around 20 miles of the 3.5-mile Yas Marina course.
Button, 32, is apparently training for a race in Hawaii in December.
“It’s good to do training in hot conditions – perfect for this weekend’s race in Abu Dhabi. If I run, I lose weight, which I need to as you’re limited on weight when you are a tall driver,” The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
“The quick guys, the Africans, will run in Hawaii and be 10 minutes off the world record, so that tells you it is not a quick circuit,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic