Button to run 6 laps of Abu Dhabi’s Yas Marina F1 track in bid to train for December marathon
London: Formula One ace Jenson Button will reportedly run six times around the F1 track in Abu Dhabi this week to prepare for his first crack at a marathon.
Trainer Mikey Collier will join Button in running six laps around 20 miles of the 3.5-mile Yas Marina course.
Button, 32, is apparently training for a race in Hawaii in December.
“It’s good to do training in hot conditions – perfect for this weekend’s race in Abu Dhabi. If I run, I lose weight, which I need to as you’re limited on weight when you are a tall driver,” The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
“The quick guys, the Africans, will run in Hawaii and be 10 minutes off the world record, so that tells you it is not a quick circuit,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what