Casteu wins Dakar motorcycling opening stage
Cordoba: France`s David Casteu, on a Sherco, won the opening motorcycling stage of the 2010 Dakar Rally on Saturday, a 219km timed stage from Buenos Aires to here.
Casteu just egded out compatriot and KTM rider Cyril Despres, the 2005 and 2007 champion, while race favourite Marc Coma of Spain, on another KTM, was 12 seconds off the pace.
Spain`s Jordi Viladoms, on a KTM, Chile`s Francisco Lopez, on an Aprilia, and French Yamaha rider David Fretigne made up the top six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach