Casteu wins Dakar motorcycling opening stage
Cordoba: France`s David Casteu, on a Sherco, won the opening motorcycling stage of the 2010 Dakar Rally on Saturday, a 219km timed stage from Buenos Aires to here.
Casteu just egded out compatriot and KTM rider Cyril Despres, the 2005 and 2007 champion, while race favourite Marc Coma of Spain, on another KTM, was 12 seconds off the pace.
Spain`s Jordi Viladoms, on a KTM, Chile`s Francisco Lopez, on an Aprilia, and French Yamaha rider David Fretigne made up the top six.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America