Caterham pair disappoint in Silverstone qualifying
Silverstone (England): The Caterham Formula One team experienced huge disappointment at the British Grand Prix on Saturday as both drivers failed to make it past the first qualification session.
Vitaly Petrov and Heikki Kovalainen posted the 19th-and 20th-fastest times, in a session where Caterham had hoped a revamped car would give them an extra half-second of pace.
But the dreadful weather conditions, with rain on one part of the Silverstone circuit and other parts untouched, ended up mitigating any advantage the car`s new bodywork and exhaust might have offered.
"Today the conditions weren`t fantastic," Petrov said in televised comments. "It was very difficult to drive. You don`t know how much you can push."
But Petrov outqualified his teammate for only the second time this season.
"This is the priority," he said. "First of all I must beat my teammate."
McLaren`s Jensen Button was a surprise loser in the first session, finishing one place ahead of Petrov.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security