Caterham pair disappoint in Silverstone qualifying
Silverstone (England): The Caterham Formula One team experienced huge disappointment at the British Grand Prix on Saturday as both drivers failed to make it past the first qualification session.
Vitaly Petrov and Heikki Kovalainen posted the 19th-and 20th-fastest times, in a session where Caterham had hoped a revamped car would give them an extra half-second of pace.
But the dreadful weather conditions, with rain on one part of the Silverstone circuit and other parts untouched, ended up mitigating any advantage the car`s new bodywork and exhaust might have offered.
"Today the conditions weren`t fantastic," Petrov said in televised comments. "It was very difficult to drive. You don`t know how much you can push."
But Petrov outqualified his teammate for only the second time this season.
"This is the priority," he said. "First of all I must beat my teammate."
McLaren`s Jensen Button was a surprise loser in the first session, finishing one place ahead of Petrov.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Are you or people around you happy or sad? Twitter has the answer!
- From Shahid Kapoor to Tommy Singh: Check out the eye-popping transformation for 'Udta Punjab' – Watch
- Finance Ministry defends lower interest rate on EPF, cites lack of funds
- Rahul Gandhi and Buddhadeb Bhattacharya are doing ILU ILU in WB: Amit Shah
- UP Police computer operator exam 2016: Admit card available at uppbpb.gov.in - Check dates