Caterham pull out of F1 test after Kobayashi crash
Caterham pulled out of Formula One testing in Barcelona on Wednesday because their car was too badly damaged after Kamui Kobayashi crashed on the opening day.
The Japanese smashed into the barriers in the final half hour of testing at the Circuit de Catalunya on Tuesday and the Malaysian-owned team said they had decided not to run after assessing the damage overnight.
Dutch test driver Robin Frijns had been due to take over for the final day.
"While obviously not ideal, this ensures the team can now focus on the next grand prix in Monaco, starting next week," said the team, last in the championship and yet to score a point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'