Caterham pull out of F1 test after Kobayashi crash
Caterham pulled out of Formula One testing in Barcelona on Wednesday because their car was too badly damaged after Kamui Kobayashi crashed on the opening day.
The Japanese smashed into the barriers in the final half hour of testing at the Circuit de Catalunya on Tuesday and the Malaysian-owned team said they had decided not to run after assessing the damage overnight.
Dutch test driver Robin Frijns had been due to take over for the final day.
"While obviously not ideal, this ensures the team can now focus on the next grand prix in Monaco, starting next week," said the team, last in the championship and yet to score a point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday