Chandhok confirmed for 24 Hours of Le Mans
New Delhi: Indian racing driver Karun Chandhok has confirmed his return to the Le Mans 24 Hours with LMP2 Team Murphy Prototypes.
Last year, Chandhok became the first Indian to compete in the Le Mans 24 Hours and will now join Brendon Hartley and Mark Patterson to race for the Irish team at the marquee event in June this year.
Both Chandhok and Hartley have previously worked together as they were test drivers at the Red Bull Racing F1 Team. Chandhok will continue to drive in the FIA GT World Series for the 2013 season.
Chandhok said, "I am really excited to return to the Le Mans 24 Hours as racing there last year was one of the highlights of my career. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and had a great race to finish second in the privateers class and sixth overall. I`m really glad to be back in a prototype for the biggest endurance race in the world."
Murphy Prototypes was leading the Le Mans 24 Hours last year before mechanical problems hit the team`s chances.
Team owner Greg Murphy said, "We`re looking to win every race that we compete in this year and, having led Le Mans for five hours last year, we very much feel that`s unfinished business for us. With these three, our line-up is good enough to win. Karun brings an awful lot to the table."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues