Chandhok confirmed for 24 Hours of Le Mans
New Delhi: Indian racing driver Karun Chandhok has confirmed his return to the Le Mans 24 Hours with LMP2 Team Murphy Prototypes.
Last year, Chandhok became the first Indian to compete in the Le Mans 24 Hours and will now join Brendon Hartley and Mark Patterson to race for the Irish team at the marquee event in June this year.
Both Chandhok and Hartley have previously worked together as they were test drivers at the Red Bull Racing F1 Team. Chandhok will continue to drive in the FIA GT World Series for the 2013 season.
Chandhok said, "I am really excited to return to the Le Mans 24 Hours as racing there last year was one of the highlights of my career. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and had a great race to finish second in the privateers class and sixth overall. I`m really glad to be back in a prototype for the biggest endurance race in the world."
Murphy Prototypes was leading the Le Mans 24 Hours last year before mechanical problems hit the team`s chances.
Team owner Greg Murphy said, "We`re looking to win every race that we compete in this year and, having led Le Mans for five hours last year, we very much feel that`s unfinished business for us. With these three, our line-up is good enough to win. Karun brings an awful lot to the table."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Two criminals arrested; stolen motorcycle, arms recovered
- Congress not to project a CM candidate in Gujarat
- Ranveer Singh's rendition of 'Pardesi Pardesi' is so bad it is actually good! - Watch video
- Balochistan Assembly adopts resolution against PM Narendra Modi - Know details
- JNU rape case: Accused scholar Anmol Ratan suspended from university