Chandhok`s team 5th on the grid for 12 hours Sebring race
Florida (USA): Ace Indian racer Karun Chandhok`s JRM team qualified fifth for the iconic Sebring 12 Hour Race in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC).
Chandhok and his two other teamates timed 1m48.439s in their HPD ARX 3a car to secure the fifth place on the grid for the season-opening race.
"The team is working really well as a unit and I`m glad I`ve been able to settle into the incredible world of Sportscars this quickly. It feels great to also be competing at the front end of such an elite field and be able to put in some consistently good times for the team. I`m looking forward to my first endurance race in the WEC and to be the first Indian to take the start-line at the iconic Sebring Raceway is definitely an honour," Chandhok said.
Team Principal, James Rumsey said, "JRM Racing is going into the first season of the FIA World Endurance Championship with a great team, a great car and three great drivers. All of them bring a wealth of experience in different ways which means they have a good mix of skills and knowledge between them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray