Chandhok`s team qualifies 6th on grid on GT Series debut
Nogaro: Making his debut in the FIA GT series, Karun Chandhok helped his side Seyffarth Motorsport earn sixth position on the grid after starting the qualifying race in 11th position with teammate Jan Seyffarth.
The opening round of the FIA GT Series was greeted by heavy rain with limited dry running for all the drivers.
After a good start Chandhok and his team steadily moved up the order and were running as high as second before having to pit for new tyres.
A slow pit stop lost the team 15 seconds and lost any chance of finishing in 4th place. This is not only Chandhok`s first race in the FIA GT Series, but also the first race for his team Setffarth Motorsport.
Chandhok was pleased after a strong start to his 2013 campaign.
"I am really pleased with the result as it is great for the team to be in the points in only their first race. Today is the first day that I got to drive in the dry as it has been wet the whole weekend. We will definitely practice our pit stops in warm-up tomorrow as the team is very new," he said.
Each FIA GT Series race weekend consists of two races over a weekend. The first race of each weekend is a qualifying race, the results of which determine the starting grid for the second race awarding full championship points.
Each car is required to change tyres and drivers at least once during each race. The points system for the series is that the top ten finishers in the second race earning points and only the top three finishers in the qualifying race earn points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?