Chinese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton tops opening practice
Shanghai: McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton set the fastest time in a first practice session for Formula One’s Chinese Grand Prix in misty and damp conditions on Friday.
With early drivers struggling on the slippery track, the best times were not set until the top drivers were able to use slick dry weather tyres late in the session.
Sauber’s Sergio Perez a career-best second in the preceding Malaysian GP set the fourth best time, just ahead of his teammate Kamui Kobayashi in fifth.
Red Bull’s Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel, McLaren’s Jenson Button, then Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne rounded out the top 10.
A number of drivers slipped on the wet track in the early part of the session, but there were no major incidents.
Ferrari’s Felipe Massa lost his grip and ran off the track, crossing a grass strip before he was able to regain control and return to the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray