Chinese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton tops opening practice
Shanghai: McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton set the fastest time in a first practice session for Formula One’s Chinese Grand Prix in misty and damp conditions on Friday.
With early drivers struggling on the slippery track, the best times were not set until the top drivers were able to use slick dry weather tyres late in the session.
Sauber’s Sergio Perez a career-best second in the preceding Malaysian GP set the fourth best time, just ahead of his teammate Kamui Kobayashi in fifth.
Red Bull’s Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel, McLaren’s Jenson Button, then Toro Rosso’s Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne rounded out the top 10.
A number of drivers slipped on the wet track in the early part of the session, but there were no major incidents.
Ferrari’s Felipe Massa lost his grip and ran off the track, crossing a grass strip before he was able to regain control and return to the track.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video
- Deepika Padukone finds spot in world's highest paid actresses list
- Leak of documents relating to Scorpene submarines serious matter: DCNS
- Akshay Kumar cheers for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'
- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi to visit India next month