Circuit for Indian GP is challenging: Red Bull drivers
New Delhi: Sebastian Vettel has fond memories of Indian Grand Prix as he won the inaugural race last year and the defending champion says the layout of the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) makes it a challenging race.
Vettel will go into the October 28 race with a six point lead over Ferrai`s Fernando Alonso.
"I loved the track layout last year, but not just because I won the race. With an average speed of 235kph, the course is the second quickest of the year after Monza.
"There is a lot of elevation change around the lap which adds to the fun, from as much as 8% downhill and up to 10% uphill; it?s like a roller coaster! It really has emerged as one of the most challenging circuits on the calendar for the drivers," he said.
Vettel`s teamate Mark Webber too said finding the right balance will be key on the BIC.
"It`s a challenging venue and I really enjoy the track, it`s a nice circuit to drive. There was a massive crowd there last year and it was a good atmosphere. The track is similar to Korea with mainly long straights in sector 1 followed by a very busy sector 2 and 3, so we need to get the balance right between downforce and top speed," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch