Claire Williams named Williams F1 deputy team principal
Grove (United Kingdom): Claire Williams has become the Williams F1 deputy team principal. She will help her father and team founder Frank in the running of the unit.
This newly created role will see Claire work alongside Frank Williams to play a pivotal role in the day-to-day running and long term development of the team.
The Grove-based team had planned to announce this new appointment before the start of the 2013 season, but following the death of founder`s wife Virginia Williams earlier this month, it was decided by Frank and Claire to delay this announcement to afford the family privacy.
Claire will take up her new position with immediate effect, whilst also retaining her commercial director role leading the marketing, communications and sponsorship functions of the business. Claire will continue to be part of the Board of Directors and will be supported by and work in collaboration with the full Board.
Speaking about Claire`s new role, Frank Williams commented; "Over the past decade Claire has worked tirelessly for Williams. Her knowledge of the sport and passion for the team is unquestionable and I`m proud to say that during her time here she has proven herself to be one of our most valuable assets. With Claire being appointed deputy team principal, I know the future of Williams is in extremely safe hands."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...