Clos to replace Narain for opening British GP practice
Silverstone: HRT reserve driver Dani Clos will take the wheels from India`s Narain Karthikeyan for the opening practise session of the Formula One British Grand Prix here next weekend.
Spanish driver Clos will step into the F112 for the second time in the season after the Barcelona round last month. He will accompany Pedro de la Rosa for the first 90 minutes of practice at the iconic circuit with Karthikeyan taking over for the remainder of the weekend.
"I am very happy to step into the F112 once again, a place where I have got good memories since I have made the podium every time I have been in GP2. After Barcelona I have really been looking forward to this new opportunity," said Clos.
"The work we are carrying out with the team is positive and I think that I can make a good contribution. I will be able to run in better conditions than in Barcelona because the car was new back then and I had to carry out various aero tests," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi