Clos to replace Narain for opening British GP practice
Silverstone: HRT reserve driver Dani Clos will take the wheels from India`s Narain Karthikeyan for the opening practise session of the Formula One British Grand Prix here next weekend.
Spanish driver Clos will step into the F112 for the second time in the season after the Barcelona round last month. He will accompany Pedro de la Rosa for the first 90 minutes of practice at the iconic circuit with Karthikeyan taking over for the remainder of the weekend.
"I am very happy to step into the F112 once again, a place where I have got good memories since I have made the podium every time I have been in GP2. After Barcelona I have really been looking forward to this new opportunity," said Clos.
"The work we are carrying out with the team is positive and I think that I can make a good contribution. I will be able to run in better conditions than in Barcelona because the car was new back then and I had to carry out various aero tests," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary