Comatose Schumacher hit by lung infection: Report
Berlin: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, who is still lying in a coma in a French hospital, has contracted a lung infection, the German newspaper Bild reported Wednesday.
The effects on the fragile state of health of the 45-year-old were unknown, it said, without citing sources.
Schumacher`s spokeswoman, Sabine Kehm, told the newspaper: "We are not commenting on speculation."
Schumacher has been in a coma since his December 29 ski accident, when he badly injured his head, causing serious swelling of the brain.
The doctors treating him in the hospital in the French city of Grenoble two weeks ago said they were trying to coax him out of the coma by reducing his sedation.
Kehm said the process could take some time.
With little information being given to media, the hospital has been left to fend off rumours. Last Thursday, it had to deny speculation flaring on social networks that Schumacher had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP