Comatose Schumacher hit by lung infection: Report
Berlin: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, who is still lying in a coma in a French hospital, has contracted a lung infection, the German newspaper Bild reported Wednesday.
The effects on the fragile state of health of the 45-year-old were unknown, it said, without citing sources.
Schumacher`s spokeswoman, Sabine Kehm, told the newspaper: "We are not commenting on speculation."
Schumacher has been in a coma since his December 29 ski accident, when he badly injured his head, causing serious swelling of the brain.
The doctors treating him in the hospital in the French city of Grenoble two weeks ago said they were trying to coax him out of the coma by reducing his sedation.
Kehm said the process could take some time.
With little information being given to media, the hospital has been left to fend off rumours. Last Thursday, it had to deny speculation flaring on social networks that Schumacher had died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24
- Soldier wounded in gunfight in Kashmir dies
- Tata Motors in talks to set up car unit in Iran
- Nitin Gadkari-led BJP delegation meets President Pranab Mukhrejee over Kerala violence