Competitive` Webber admits will not miss `rival` Vettel after retiring from F1
Sydney: Australian Red Bull driver Mark Webber, who finally managed to get one over rival Sebastian Vettel after beating his teammate in Top Gear`s reasonably priced car challenge, has said that he would not miss him when he retires from Formula One.
According to news.com.au, the veteran Formula 1 driver, who is retiring from the sport at the end of the season, was almost one second quicker than Vettel, but just shy of Lewis Hamilton`s best time in the cult BBC programme.
Webber and Vettel have shared a fractious relationship during their five-year partnership at Red Bull, culminating earlier this year at the Malaysian Grand Prix when the German ignored a blatant team order to deny Webber victory, the report said.
Webber said that in a competitive environment, there was always a bit of needle and there was a lot of history between the drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video