Coulthard wants `virgin` to win F1 championship
London : Poking fun at Formula One drivers, David Coulthard has said that he didn`t want British ace Lewis Hamilton to win the 2010 championship on Sunday as he is not a `virgin`.
Coulthard and his fellow drivers were in Abu Dhabi for the Chequered Flag Ball hosted by F1 star Eddie Jordan.
The event raises cash for kids cancer charity CLIC Sargant and coincides with F1 teams arriving for Sunday`s Yas Marina Grand Prix, the last of the season.
Coulthard said: "There`s a big following for Lewis but for me, it would be fantastic if we had a virgin winning the world championship."
"Both Fernando Alonso and Lewis have lost their virginity but Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber haven`t - so I think it`d be nice for one of them to pop their cherry this weekend," The Sun quoted him, as saying.
Coulthard, 39, set the red carpet alight with his antics and had onlookers and media crews falling about laughing.
But he drew the line at wearing a kilt because of the heat.
"There`s a time for a kilt but it`s not in the temperatures out here. I`m a big kilt-wearer but I`m also just back from travelling to Brazil and then coming down here, there is a lot of kit involved. To be humphing that to South America and then here isn`t on," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter