Daniel Juncadella joins Force India as reserve driver
Silverstone: Sahara Force India on Friday announced signing young Spaniard Daniel Juncadella as their reserve driver for the 2014 Formula One season.
The 22-year-old Juncadella drives for Mercedes in DTM and will now attend all races with the team and take part in several Friday practice sessions.
In addition to his duties with Sahara Force India his racing focus will remain on the DTM with Mercedes-Benz.
"Joining Sahara Force India is a dream come true. It`s a fantastic opportunity for me to learn and will hopefully take me a step closer to eventually racing in Formula One," Juncadella said.
"To work with the team at the track and in the factory will give me some valuable experience and I will do my best to make a contribution to help the team achieve its goals in 2014," he added.
Team Principal Vijay Mallya said,"Daniel is an exciting prospect and I am delighted to welcome him to Sahara Force India. Over the last few years we have always tried to support young, talented drivers and we will continue down this path by giving Daniel the opportunity to drive the VJM07 on Friday mornings at selected races. Daniel will also play an important role in our simulator programme at the factory, which remains an increasingly important development tool."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij