Daniel Juncadella joins Force India as reserve driver
Silverstone: Sahara Force India on Friday announced signing young Spaniard Daniel Juncadella as their reserve driver for the 2014 Formula One season.
The 22-year-old Juncadella drives for Mercedes in DTM and will now attend all races with the team and take part in several Friday practice sessions.
In addition to his duties with Sahara Force India his racing focus will remain on the DTM with Mercedes-Benz.
"Joining Sahara Force India is a dream come true. It`s a fantastic opportunity for me to learn and will hopefully take me a step closer to eventually racing in Formula One," Juncadella said.
"To work with the team at the track and in the factory will give me some valuable experience and I will do my best to make a contribution to help the team achieve its goals in 2014," he added.
Team Principal Vijay Mallya said,"Daniel is an exciting prospect and I am delighted to welcome him to Sahara Force India. Over the last few years we have always tried to support young, talented drivers and we will continue down this path by giving Daniel the opportunity to drive the VJM07 on Friday mornings at selected races. Daniel will also play an important role in our simulator programme at the factory, which remains an increasingly important development tool."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- REVEALED: Why Mayanti Langer does not support husband Stuart Binny on public platform
- This lake in Himachal Pradesh is a visual delight – Check out details
- Celine Dion named husband's administrator
- Madonna pays tribute to Prince at Billboard Music Awards
- CBI likely to grill ex-Haryana CM Hooda in HUDA land scam