Daruvala finishes fourth in European Karting
Ortona (Italy): Indian driver Jehan Daruvala did well to finish fourth from 16th on the grid in the CIK European KF3 Championships here.
Force India Academy driver Daruvala delivered an inspired performance in the main final at the Championships last weekend. The 14-year-old recovered from some opening heats marred by bad luck to finish an impressive fourth at the flag.
After qualifying 31st, Daruvala had mixed luck in the heats, being hit by a rival competitor in the first race and receiving a time penalty in the fifth; at the same time, he also showed brilliance, running very consistently in the second heat and pulling some decisive overtaking moves in the third.
The Indian was on the receiving end of more bad luck in the pre-final, when he was hit by another driver after a very good start that saw him go from 13th to fifth; he was able to salvage his race and finish eighth.
Starting 16th in the final, Daruvala delivered a blistering start which saw him 12th by the second turn, after which the he put his head down and put in a string of overtaking moves.
"I was happy with the end result as I finished fourth in one of the biggest races I have driven, starting the final that far back on the grid. I am happy and confident for the next round," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'