Daruvala finishes fourth in European Karting
Ortona (Italy): Indian driver Jehan Daruvala did well to finish fourth from 16th on the grid in the CIK European KF3 Championships here.
Force India Academy driver Daruvala delivered an inspired performance in the main final at the Championships last weekend. The 14-year-old recovered from some opening heats marred by bad luck to finish an impressive fourth at the flag.
After qualifying 31st, Daruvala had mixed luck in the heats, being hit by a rival competitor in the first race and receiving a time penalty in the fifth; at the same time, he also showed brilliance, running very consistently in the second heat and pulling some decisive overtaking moves in the third.
The Indian was on the receiving end of more bad luck in the pre-final, when he was hit by another driver after a very good start that saw him go from 13th to fifth; he was able to salvage his race and finish eighth.
Starting 16th in the final, Daruvala delivered a blistering start which saw him 12th by the second turn, after which the he put his head down and put in a string of overtaking moves.
"I was happy with the end result as I finished fourth in one of the biggest races I have driven, starting the final that far back on the grid. I am happy and confident for the next round," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India