Daruvala finishes fourth in European Karting
Ortona (Italy): Indian driver Jehan Daruvala did well to finish fourth from 16th on the grid in the CIK European KF3 Championships here.
Force India Academy driver Daruvala delivered an inspired performance in the main final at the Championships last weekend. The 14-year-old recovered from some opening heats marred by bad luck to finish an impressive fourth at the flag.
After qualifying 31st, Daruvala had mixed luck in the heats, being hit by a rival competitor in the first race and receiving a time penalty in the fifth; at the same time, he also showed brilliance, running very consistently in the second heat and pulling some decisive overtaking moves in the third.
The Indian was on the receiving end of more bad luck in the pre-final, when he was hit by another driver after a very good start that saw him go from 13th to fifth; he was able to salvage his race and finish eighth.
Starting 16th in the final, Daruvala delivered a blistering start which saw him 12th by the second turn, after which the he put his head down and put in a string of overtaking moves.
"I was happy with the end result as I finished fourth in one of the biggest races I have driven, starting the final that far back on the grid. I am happy and confident for the next round," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video