Dethroned Button says will keep fighting to be F1 champion again
London : Ace Formula One driver Jenson Button has said that he will be a champion again soon after shrugging off the loss of his crown.
Button knows he is assured of his place in the history books and is confident he can enjoy more glory before he quits the sport.
"The race in Brazil was my last day as reigning champion. But it won`t be my last as a champion. I will always be a world champion whatever happens in the rest of my career," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
"I am not worried about what it will feel like now I am not champion any more," he said.
Button, who will see his successor crowned in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, insisted he wants another crown.
"I`ll always keep fighting. It is not that I am not hungry any more. That is definitely not the case. I definitely want to fight for another world championship and most of this year I have been fighting," he said.
"It was just the last few races that screwed me really. But it is something I love - fighting it out at the front with the best drivers in the world. It is a nice feeling to be a part of that," Button said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing