Dethroned Button says will keep fighting to be F1 champion again
London : Ace Formula One driver Jenson Button has said that he will be a champion again soon after shrugging off the loss of his crown.
Button knows he is assured of his place in the history books and is confident he can enjoy more glory before he quits the sport.
"The race in Brazil was my last day as reigning champion. But it won`t be my last as a champion. I will always be a world champion whatever happens in the rest of my career," The Sun quoted Button, as saying.
"I am not worried about what it will feel like now I am not champion any more," he said.
Button, who will see his successor crowned in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, insisted he wants another crown.
"I`ll always keep fighting. It is not that I am not hungry any more. That is definitely not the case. I definitely want to fight for another world championship and most of this year I have been fighting," he said.
"It was just the last few races that screwed me really. But it is something I love - fighting it out at the front with the best drivers in the world. It is a nice feeling to be a part of that," Button said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery