Di Resta challenges `big name` Hamilton for F1 spoils
London: Force India driver Paul di Resta has said that his side can stun the likes of Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton this year with by clinching the Formula One title.
Reveling in the best start to a season in his F1 career, Britain`s third Grand Prix driver led for three laps in during the Bahrain GP and, but for a late surge by Lotus rival Roman Grosjean, would have finished third to match the best result in the team`s history.
Although the normally reticent Di Resta has shocked the racing world with his open challenge to champions like Hamilton, the Force India driver however, insisted that he would never undermine his side, adding that he is confident of performing better and even clinching a win after achieving the fourth place in the race.
However, the Scot admitted that it is still difficult for his team to predict a win like other top teams like Ferrari, adding that he would still be happy if his team stays anywhere above the sixth place.
Having already usurped McLaren in the top five, Di Resta however, said that a win depends on how much ahead McLaren moves with their substantial package of upgrades, although he admitted to being pleased with the positive outcome of his team till now.
Di Resta has earned praise from Force India`s billionaire boss Vijay Mallya and there is speculation he is once again on the radar of the sport`s big guns Ferrari, McLaren and Lotus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India