Di Resta left out as Force India signs Sergio Perez for 2014 F1 season
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, December 13, 2013, 11:41
  
Di Resta left out as Force India signs Sergio Perez for 2014 F1 season
London: Paul Di Resta`s Formula 1 future is in serious doubt following Force India`s decision to replace the Scot with Mexican Sergio Perez, according to reports.

According to the BBC, Force India announced last month that their other driver would be German Nico Hulkenberg, who re-joins the team after a season with Sauber .

Although there are still some seats open in F1 next year, none are believed to be available to Di Resta, the report said.

The 27-year-old is expected to switch to touring cars or endurance racing, the report added.

Di Resta is most likely to return to drive for Mercedes in the German Touring Car Championship, which he won in 2010, the report further said.

Sources say he is tired of F1, feels he is finished with it and, as things stand, is unlikely to try to find a reserve driver role to keep his foot in the door, the report mentioned.
ANI

First Published: Friday, December 13, 2013, 11:41


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular in News