Di Resta, Sutil to hold `clear air` talks following Chinese GP collision
London: Force India lead pair Paul Di Resta and Adrian Sutil is set to have talks to clear the tense air between each other after they collided with each other on the first lap of the Chinese Grand Prix.
The duo blamed each other for the incident and is the third pairing to fall out in two races.
Stating that the collision wrecked Di Resta`s chances of beating McLaren ace Jenson Button to fifth place, team boss Bob Fernley added that the pair will meet before Sunday`s Bahrain Grand Prix to discuss working as a team.
Fernley further said that Sutil and Di Resta needed to sit down and go through the video of the first lap to examine the collision, adding that both of them are talented and just need to clear the air between them.
Fernley expressed his hopes that the pair will come to an agreement, saying that they needed to understand that such a happening should not occur again, especially in the first lap.
Stating that Sutil caused the accident, Fernley however, said that he did not blame the driver for the collision as Sutil probably got catapulted off the kerb for which he was unable give Di Resta enough room.
Fernley further said that the team targeted seventh, adding that they could have secured Button`s position without the first lap incident.
Teams preparing for the Grand Prix were rocked by a force eight earthquake on Tuesday which originated in Iran and shook the entire region from Dubai to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...