Di Resta, Sutil to hold `clear air` talks following Chinese GP collision
London: Force India lead pair Paul Di Resta and Adrian Sutil is set to have talks to clear the tense air between each other after they collided with each other on the first lap of the Chinese Grand Prix.
The duo blamed each other for the incident and is the third pairing to fall out in two races.
Stating that the collision wrecked Di Resta`s chances of beating McLaren ace Jenson Button to fifth place, team boss Bob Fernley added that the pair will meet before Sunday`s Bahrain Grand Prix to discuss working as a team.
Fernley further said that Sutil and Di Resta needed to sit down and go through the video of the first lap to examine the collision, adding that both of them are talented and just need to clear the air between them.
Fernley expressed his hopes that the pair will come to an agreement, saying that they needed to understand that such a happening should not occur again, especially in the first lap.
Stating that Sutil caused the accident, Fernley however, said that he did not blame the driver for the collision as Sutil probably got catapulted off the kerb for which he was unable give Di Resta enough room.
Fernley further said that the team targeted seventh, adding that they could have secured Button`s position without the first lap incident.
Teams preparing for the Grand Prix were rocked by a force eight earthquake on Tuesday which originated in Iran and shook the entire region from Dubai to Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today