Di Resta to start sixth from grid, Hulkenberg 11th
Singapore: Paul di Resta matched his career-best qualifying position today when he claimed the sixth place on the grid for tomorrow`s Singapore Grand Prix even as his Sahara Force India teammate Nico Hulkenberg missed out on top-10.
Resta clocked his best lap in 1m 47.241 while Hulkenberg`s timing of 1:47.975 was good enough for only 11th place as he could not get into Q3.
It was 2012 season`s best qualifying result for Di Resta, who had a similar outing in 2011`s British Grand Prix.
An eighth place start at the Canadian Grand Prix was Di Resta`s best result before today`s qualifying session.
McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton secured the pole position with a flying lap of 1m 46.362s. The Briton was half a second quicker than Williams` Pastor Maldonado, who surprisingly took the second place on the grid.
Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel was third, ahead of McLaren`s Jenson Button and Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso.
Mark Webber was seventh in the second Red Bull, followed by Romain Grosjean of Lotus, Michael Schumacher and his Mercedes teamate Nico Rosberg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room