Di Resta to start sixth from grid, Hulkenberg 11th
Singapore: Paul di Resta matched his career-best qualifying position today when he claimed the sixth place on the grid for tomorrow`s Singapore Grand Prix even as his Sahara Force India teammate Nico Hulkenberg missed out on top-10.
Resta clocked his best lap in 1m 47.241 while Hulkenberg`s timing of 1:47.975 was good enough for only 11th place as he could not get into Q3.
It was 2012 season`s best qualifying result for Di Resta, who had a similar outing in 2011`s British Grand Prix.
An eighth place start at the Canadian Grand Prix was Di Resta`s best result before today`s qualifying session.
McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton secured the pole position with a flying lap of 1m 46.362s. The Briton was half a second quicker than Williams` Pastor Maldonado, who surprisingly took the second place on the grid.
Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel was third, ahead of McLaren`s Jenson Button and Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso.
Mark Webber was seventh in the second Red Bull, followed by Romain Grosjean of Lotus, Michael Schumacher and his Mercedes teamate Nico Rosberg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says