Di Resta to start sixth from grid, Hulkenberg 11th
Singapore: Paul di Resta matched his career-best qualifying position today when he claimed the sixth place on the grid for tomorrow`s Singapore Grand Prix even as his Sahara Force India teammate Nico Hulkenberg missed out on top-10.
Resta clocked his best lap in 1m 47.241 while Hulkenberg`s timing of 1:47.975 was good enough for only 11th place as he could not get into Q3.
It was 2012 season`s best qualifying result for Di Resta, who had a similar outing in 2011`s British Grand Prix.
An eighth place start at the Canadian Grand Prix was Di Resta`s best result before today`s qualifying session.
McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton secured the pole position with a flying lap of 1m 46.362s. The Briton was half a second quicker than Williams` Pastor Maldonado, who surprisingly took the second place on the grid.
Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel was third, ahead of McLaren`s Jenson Button and Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso.
Mark Webber was seventh in the second Red Bull, followed by Romain Grosjean of Lotus, Michael Schumacher and his Mercedes teamate Nico Rosberg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users