‘Distracted’ Hamilton unlikely to repeat success of Schumacher- Brawn duo at Mercedes,’ says Jackie
London: F1 legend Sir Jackie Stewart has said unlike Micheal Schumacher, newly-roped Mercedes member Lewis Hamilton has his focus on a lot of other things than Formula One.
Mercedes are hoping that with Hamilton, 28, who joined the Brackley-based outfit after quitting McLaren for a 60 million pound, they can repeat the same the success Schumacher technical genius Ross Brawn enjoyed at Ferrari.
The duo had transformed an under-achieving team and dominated F1 for five incredible years.
However, Stewart said for Hamilton to avoid distraction can be a task.
“Schumacher was an entirely different animal. He was completely focussed on F1. It was the only thing in life he did. Lewis has a lot of other pursuits — some no doubt a distraction,” he said.
“Lewis’s management team will want to prove they can earn him more money with outside things. But the more contracts he has the more work he has to do for them which takes up time,” he added.
Stewart insisted that Hamilton should have continued his F1 career at McLaren and not switched teams.
“Lewis should have stayed at McLaren. They are a team that is going to be in motor racing all its life,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi