‘Distracted’ Hamilton unlikely to repeat success of Schumacher- Brawn duo at Mercedes,’ says Jackie
London: F1 legend Sir Jackie Stewart has said unlike Micheal Schumacher, newly-roped Mercedes member Lewis Hamilton has his focus on a lot of other things than Formula One.
Mercedes are hoping that with Hamilton, 28, who joined the Brackley-based outfit after quitting McLaren for a 60 million pound, they can repeat the same the success Schumacher technical genius Ross Brawn enjoyed at Ferrari.
The duo had transformed an under-achieving team and dominated F1 for five incredible years.
However, Stewart said for Hamilton to avoid distraction can be a task.
“Schumacher was an entirely different animal. He was completely focussed on F1. It was the only thing in life he did. Lewis has a lot of other pursuits — some no doubt a distraction,” he said.
“Lewis’s management team will want to prove they can earn him more money with outside things. But the more contracts he has the more work he has to do for them which takes up time,” he added.
Stewart insisted that Hamilton should have continued his F1 career at McLaren and not switched teams.
“Lewis should have stayed at McLaren. They are a team that is going to be in motor racing all its life,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31