Diverse group of participants in BCIM Rally
Kolkata: From well-known Indian actor Victor Banerjee to Chinese Mt Everest conqueror Jin Feibiao, the BCIM Car Rally that flagged off here today boasts of 80 participants from different walks of life from Bangladesh, China, India and Myanmar.
Well-known Bollywood and Tollywood actor Banerjee, who is part of a 30-member Indian contingent, describes himself as "an eternal traveller and searcher.
When not working, he spends most of his time in the Himalayas -- in Landour, Mussorie, contemplating nothing, he states in his profile of the BCIM Car Rally that will culminate in Kunming on March 5, traversing 3028 kms.
Banerjee will join the rally in Imphal on February 26, on day five of the rally.
A 50-year-old Feibiao is a celebrated explorer who scaled Mt Everest with his brother on May 14, 2006.
He is part of a 20-member delegation from China as the rally hopes to develop trade reviving the ancient Southern Silk Route that will open for the first time after World War II.
Actress duo of Aye Myat Thu and Htet Htet Su Hlaing and actor Kaung Khant in the 17-member contingent from Myanmar will add glamour to the rally.
The idea to hold a rally between Kunming and Kolkata took shape with a resolution at the 2006 Delhi Forum meeting and the suggestion was soon affirmed between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao later in the same year with a joint communique.
The BCIM Car Rally of 80 participants in 20 cars will be passing through Benapole and Petrapole, Dhaka, Sutarkandi, Imphal, Ka Lay, Mandalay, Ruili, Tengchong, Dali before ending in Kunming on March 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly