Ecclestone hands Donington British F1 deadline
London: Bernie Ecclestone has given Donington Park until the end of September to secure the funding needed to host next year`s British Formula One Grand Prix or risk losing it.
"They have got until the end of September to produce a bank guarantee and their contract depends on that. If they don`t, it`s adios amigos," F1 supremo Ecclestone was quoted as saying in a leading British newspaper.
Donington is due to replace Silverstone as the venue for the British Grand Prix in 2010 and circuit operators have promised to invest 100 million pounds on revamping the circuit over a five-year period.
"I`m hoping Donington... do all the things they must do. And if they can`t, we will come back to Silverstone," said Ecclestone.
Silverstone has hosted the British Grand Prix since 1987. From next season it will host the MotoGP which is to switch from the Donington circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players