Ecclestone hands Donington British F1 deadline
London: Bernie Ecclestone has given Donington Park until the end of September to secure the funding needed to host next year`s British Formula One Grand Prix or risk losing it.
"They have got until the end of September to produce a bank guarantee and their contract depends on that. If they don`t, it`s adios amigos," F1 supremo Ecclestone was quoted as saying in a leading British newspaper.
Donington is due to replace Silverstone as the venue for the British Grand Prix in 2010 and circuit operators have promised to invest 100 million pounds on revamping the circuit over a five-year period.
"I`m hoping Donington... do all the things they must do. And if they can`t, we will come back to Silverstone," said Ecclestone.
Silverstone has hosted the British Grand Prix since 1987. From next season it will host the MotoGP which is to switch from the Donington circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal