Ecclestone hands Donington British F1 deadline
London: Bernie Ecclestone has given Donington Park until the end of September to secure the funding needed to host next year`s British Formula One Grand Prix or risk losing it.
"They have got until the end of September to produce a bank guarantee and their contract depends on that. If they don`t, it`s adios amigos," F1 supremo Ecclestone was quoted as saying in a leading British newspaper.
Donington is due to replace Silverstone as the venue for the British Grand Prix in 2010 and circuit operators have promised to invest 100 million pounds on revamping the circuit over a five-year period.
"I`m hoping Donington... do all the things they must do. And if they can`t, we will come back to Silverstone," said Ecclestone.
Silverstone has hosted the British Grand Prix since 1987. From next season it will host the MotoGP which is to switch from the Donington circuit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez