Economic slowdown in Europe cost BIC GT1 race
Greater Noida: The FIA GT1 Sports Car Championship, which was scheduled to be held at the Buddh International Circuit in December, has been called off after the promoters of the event, Stéphane Ratel Organisation (SRO), cancelled the season finale citing economic gloom in Europe.
Askari Zaidi, vice-president of corporate communication at Jaypee Group, told PTI that the race scheduled for December 2 will not take place this year, as Stephane Ratel, CEO of SRO, has written to the international automobile federation, FIA, asking them to cancel the event.
"It has been communicated to FIA by the promoters SRO Motorsports Group to cancel the event citing economic slowdown in Europe," Zaidi said here today on the sidelines of the launch of the new MRF Formula 2000 Car and the MRF Challenge 2012 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt