Economic slowdown in Europe cost BIC GT1 race
Greater Noida: The FIA GT1 Sports Car Championship, which was scheduled to be held at the Buddh International Circuit in December, has been called off after the promoters of the event, Stéphane Ratel Organisation (SRO), cancelled the season finale citing economic gloom in Europe.
Askari Zaidi, vice-president of corporate communication at Jaypee Group, told PTI that the race scheduled for December 2 will not take place this year, as Stephane Ratel, CEO of SRO, has written to the international automobile federation, FIA, asking them to cancel the event.
"It has been communicated to FIA by the promoters SRO Motorsports Group to cancel the event citing economic slowdown in Europe," Zaidi said here today on the sidelines of the launch of the new MRF Formula 2000 Car and the MRF Challenge 2012 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured