Economic slowdown in Europe cost BIC GT1 race
Greater Noida: The FIA GT1 Sports Car Championship, which was scheduled to be held at the Buddh International Circuit in December, has been called off after the promoters of the event, Stéphane Ratel Organisation (SRO), cancelled the season finale citing economic gloom in Europe.
Askari Zaidi, vice-president of corporate communication at Jaypee Group, told PTI that the race scheduled for December 2 will not take place this year, as Stephane Ratel, CEO of SRO, has written to the international automobile federation, FIA, asking them to cancel the event.
"It has been communicated to FIA by the promoters SRO Motorsports Group to cancel the event citing economic slowdown in Europe," Zaidi said here today on the sidelines of the launch of the new MRF Formula 2000 Car and the MRF Challenge 2012 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened