Economic slowdown in Europe cost BIC GT1 race
Greater Noida: The FIA GT1 Sports Car Championship, which was scheduled to be held at the Buddh International Circuit in December, has been called off after the promoters of the event, Stéphane Ratel Organisation (SRO), cancelled the season finale citing economic gloom in Europe.
Askari Zaidi, vice-president of corporate communication at Jaypee Group, told PTI that the race scheduled for December 2 will not take place this year, as Stephane Ratel, CEO of SRO, has written to the international automobile federation, FIA, asking them to cancel the event.
"It has been communicated to FIA by the promoters SRO Motorsports Group to cancel the event citing economic slowdown in Europe," Zaidi said here today on the sidelines of the launch of the new MRF Formula 2000 Car and the MRF Challenge 2012 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 26-year-old woman gives birth to rare conjoined twins in Mumbai hospital
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi's advice to girl students - Read
- Omar Abdullah rubbishes Mehbooba Mufti's claim, says ''she was aware of security encounter with Wani''
- Mainpuri Dalit couple murder: Akhilesh govt assures speedy justice to victim's kin
- Church attacker threatened France in new video