Ex-Formula One boss vows more steps against Google
Berlin: Max Mosley, the ex-Formula One boss, on Sunday vowed more legal action against Google after a German court ordered the Internet giant to block photos of him at a sadomasochistic orgy.
Mosley, 73, said that after German and French legal rulings in his favour in the past two months, he also planned to take the US company to court in California and Britain, in comments to German news weekly Der Spiegel.
While Google was "technically... brilliant, sensational", Mosley charged that the multinational technology firm was also "arrogant" and "doing whatever it wants", adding that morally its "management is simply immature".
On Friday a Hamburg court found that Google must block six images taken from a video of the orgy that was filmed by Britain`s now defunct News of the World tabloid, because they had violated Mosley`s privacy.
Google announced it would appeal, saying the ruling had sent a "disturbing message".
Mosley told Der Spiegel that his next steps in Germany and France would be to legally battle Google over the search engine`s "auto-complete" function that suggests strings such as "Mosley prostitute video" when his name is entered.
"That`s next on the list, in Germany and in France," he was quoted as saying in the German-language report.
Citing the "signal" set by the two European rulings, he said he also planned legal action against Mountain View, California-based Google in the United States and Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say