Ex-world champ backs Vettel to surpass Schumacher`s seven world title- record
Washington: Former Formula One world champion Jody Scheckter has backed Red Bull star Sebastian Vettel to beat Michael Schumacher`s record of seven world titles and has branded him `magical`.
Vettel has wrapped up his ninth straight F1 victory and the 13th of a triumphant 2013 season by claiming the Brazilian Grand Prix , with his win at the Indian Grand Prix in October clinching him a fourth straight F1 world title.
According to CNN, the 1979 world champion believes that Schumacher`s record of seven world titles is well within Vettel`s grasp, saying that it is possible as the `magical` Vettel has reached won four championships in a row.
Scheckter has dismissed suggestions that Vettel is cold, methodical and big-headed as not being fair on the German, saying that the concentration level of Vettel seems like arrogance to outsiders, adding that he views it in a different light to other people.
Meanwhile another former champion Jackie Stewart thinks that the `charismatic` Vettel`s personality shines through in a different way, although he does not believe that Vettel has yet arrived at the level of all-time greats like Juan Manuel Fangio, Jim Clark, Alain Prost or Niki Lauda.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders