Excited to race in India: Kovalainen
New Delhi: Finnish Formula 1 driver Heikki Kovalainen said he is excited to race at the Indian Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit Sunday.
"It is our second time racing in India. I am excited about getting back there," Kovalainen was quoted as saying on the Formula 1 web site.
"Last year I think we were all impressed with what they did with the circuit - the layout was really good, an interesting mix of elevation changes and different types of corners, not what we have seen at a lot of the newer circuits so one I think we all enjoyed.
"Performance-wise I think we are all realistic about what we can do in India, but that does not mean we are not working as hard as we can to keep progressing.
"The guys behind us are putting up a good fight and, while we have clear air between us on track, we need to make sure we keep that gap, and, where possible, take advantage of anything that happens ahead," said the 31-year-old who drives for Caterham.
Kovalainen finished 14th last year at the inaugural Indian Grand Prix. His only Grand Prix win came at Hungary in 2008 when he was with McLaren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested