Expert claims `comatose` Schumacher may `never be same` again even if he wakes up
London: A British brain expert has reportedly claimed that Formula One legend Michael Schumacher might never be the same again if he comes out of his coma.
Professor Peter Hutchinson, of Cambridge University, has reportedly warned that Schumacher might have to learn to walk, talk and eat again if he ever recovers from his coma.
According to the Daily Star, the seven-time Formula One world champion has remained in a medically induced coma for nearly five months since his horrific ski accident last year in December.
Hutchinson said that it is not as if someone would switch on the light and the patient will all be there, adding that the racing legend would probably come back to a world he does not know.
The neurological trauma expert added that Schumacher is coming back into a world where everything has changed, and that he would return to a reality to which he is not accustomed.
The Formula One legend suffered a near-fatal brain injury after he hit his head on a rock in the French Alps on December 29 last year and has been in a medically induced coma since then, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement