Expert claims `comatose` Schumacher may `never be same` again even if he wakes up
London: A British brain expert has reportedly claimed that Formula One legend Michael Schumacher might never be the same again if he comes out of his coma.
Professor Peter Hutchinson, of Cambridge University, has reportedly warned that Schumacher might have to learn to walk, talk and eat again if he ever recovers from his coma.
According to the Daily Star, the seven-time Formula One world champion has remained in a medically induced coma for nearly five months since his horrific ski accident last year in December.
Hutchinson said that it is not as if someone would switch on the light and the patient will all be there, adding that the racing legend would probably come back to a world he does not know.
The neurological trauma expert added that Schumacher is coming back into a world where everything has changed, and that he would return to a reality to which he is not accustomed.
The Formula One legend suffered a near-fatal brain injury after he hit his head on a rock in the French Alps on December 29 last year and has been in a medically induced coma since then, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon