Expert claims `comatose` Schumacher may `never be same` again even if he wakes up
London: A British brain expert has reportedly claimed that Formula One legend Michael Schumacher might never be the same again if he comes out of his coma.
Professor Peter Hutchinson, of Cambridge University, has reportedly warned that Schumacher might have to learn to walk, talk and eat again if he ever recovers from his coma.
According to the Daily Star, the seven-time Formula One world champion has remained in a medically induced coma for nearly five months since his horrific ski accident last year in December.
Hutchinson said that it is not as if someone would switch on the light and the patient will all be there, adding that the racing legend would probably come back to a world he does not know.
The neurological trauma expert added that Schumacher is coming back into a world where everything has changed, and that he would return to a reality to which he is not accustomed.
The Formula One legend suffered a near-fatal brain injury after he hit his head on a rock in the French Alps on December 29 last year and has been in a medically induced coma since then, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?