F1 drivers Webber, Massa show support for Kubica
Jerez: Australia`s Mark Webber described Robert Kubica as one of the world`s best drivers as Formula One united in its support for the Pole who suffered a terrifying rally crash at the weekend.
Kubica is certain to miss the new season which gets underway in Bahrain in four weeks` time after suffering multiple injuries in the smash which required seven hours of surgery.
The Lotus Renault driver was absent from the first day of the year`s second official test on Thursday, but the teams here all carried messages of support on the side of their cars.
Kubica`s team-mate Vitaly Petrov of Russia had a Polish message `Szybkiego powrotu do zdrowia Robert` - `Get well soon Robert` emblazoned on his engine cover.
"I`d like to add that my wishes are with Robert," said Red Bull driver Webber.
"It was a big shock for all of us, I couldn’t believe it. I’m happy, as it looks like the people involved have done an incredible job for him after the accident to keep him in the best shape possible.”
"It’s a big loss for our sport that he’s not here this year and a big loss for us as competitors, as we’re motivated to race against the best guys in the world and Robert is one of them.”
"I wish him all the best for his recovery; every day he?ll make progress and I?m looking forward to having him back when he is ready."
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa, who topped the time charts on Thursday, said he was delighted that Kubica was making a recovery.
"I am glad Robert is getting better. It was nice that we all had a note for him on our cars and again I wish all the very best," said Massa.
Kubica, whose right hand was partially severed in the crash, left the intensive care unit at the Santa Corona hospital in Pietra Ligure in Italy on Thursday and was moved to the accident and emergency department.
He will undergo a new operation on Friday and is also awaiting surgery on his upper arm and foot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks