F1 governing body opens race probe
Milan: Formula One`s governing body has opened an investigation into alleged events at a past grand prix, the International Automobile Federation (FIA) said.
"The FIA can confirm an investigation is under way regarding alleged incidents at a previous Formula One world championship event," said a spokeswoman at the Belgian Grand Prix.
No details were given about which race was being investigated and sources close to the governing body refused to divulge any details.
Both the autosport.com and grandprix.com websites referred however to last year`s Singapore Grand Prix won by Renault`s Fernando Alonso.
The double world champion won the sport`s first floodlit race after Brazilian team mate Nelson Piquet, who has since parted from the team, crashed and brought out the safety car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family