F1: McLaren fined $50,000 for pitlane flash fire
Rio de Janeiro: McLaren were fined USD 50,000 for a Brazilian Grand Prix incident that sprayed fuel over Kimi Raikkonen`s Ferrari and triggered a flash fire in the pit lane.
Their Finnish driver Heikki Kovalainen was also handed a 25- second penalty, to be added retrospectively to his race time, for an unsafe release in which he trailed the fuel hose behind his car.
Raikkonen, following close behind, had his visor sprayed with vapour which ignited in a fiery ball as it hit the hot exhaust.
The stewards also fined Italian Jarno Trulli USD 10,000 and reprimanded the Toyota driver for aggressively confronting Force India`s German Adrian Sutil by the side of the track after they collided and crashed out on the opening lap.
They concluded that the collision itself was a racing incident with no further action required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj