F1: McLaren fined $50,000 for pitlane flash fire
Rio de Janeiro: McLaren were fined USD 50,000 for a Brazilian Grand Prix incident that sprayed fuel over Kimi Raikkonen`s Ferrari and triggered a flash fire in the pit lane.
Their Finnish driver Heikki Kovalainen was also handed a 25- second penalty, to be added retrospectively to his race time, for an unsafe release in which he trailed the fuel hose behind his car.
Raikkonen, following close behind, had his visor sprayed with vapour which ignited in a fiery ball as it hit the hot exhaust.
The stewards also fined Italian Jarno Trulli USD 10,000 and reprimanded the Toyota driver for aggressively confronting Force India`s German Adrian Sutil by the side of the track after they collided and crashed out on the opening lap.
They concluded that the collision itself was a racing incident with no further action required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today