F1: McLaren fined $50,000 for pitlane flash fire
Rio de Janeiro: McLaren were fined USD 50,000 for a Brazilian Grand Prix incident that sprayed fuel over Kimi Raikkonen`s Ferrari and triggered a flash fire in the pit lane.
Their Finnish driver Heikki Kovalainen was also handed a 25- second penalty, to be added retrospectively to his race time, for an unsafe release in which he trailed the fuel hose behind his car.
Raikkonen, following close behind, had his visor sprayed with vapour which ignited in a fiery ball as it hit the hot exhaust.
The stewards also fined Italian Jarno Trulli USD 10,000 and reprimanded the Toyota driver for aggressively confronting Force India`s German Adrian Sutil by the side of the track after they collided and crashed out on the opening lap.
They concluded that the collision itself was a racing incident with no further action required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court adjourns matter till May 5
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase